Dental veneers cost: 3 simple secrets to totally rocking your dental veneers
Dental veneers are a practical solution to transform your smile, giving you the pearly whites you have always wanted.
If you choose to go the route of dental veneers, your dentist will have custom-made shells created to cover the surface of your teeth, providing you with the shape and pure white color that makes a smile dazzling. Veneers could be the answer for you if your teeth are chipped, broken, worn down, misaligned, have gaps between them, or are discolored.
Once you find out how much dental veneers cost and opt for the procedure, you are going to want to get your money’s worth. Pay attention to these three, simple secrets to totally rocking your dental veneers.
1. Practice excellent oral hygiene
If you want to make your veneers last as long as possible and truly sparkle, you need to take very good care of your teeth.
- Brush at least twice a day and floss on a daily basis as well.
- Mouthwash is also an effective way to clear bacteria and debris from your mouth. When your teeth are clean, they will shine.
- Teeth whiteners are effective as well if your veneers become stained.
- You’ll also want to avoid foods and beverages that tend to stain veneers. Limit your consumption of tea, coffee, tobacco, and wine.
2. Don’t take the risk of making your veneers flex
Most veneers are made from porcelain.. While they are durable when it comes to eating, it is not recommended to chew on the end of a pen, your fingernails, pieces of plastic, or to rip things open with your teeth. You could cause damage to your veneers by making them flex or twist.
3. Protect your teeth from pressure
Once you invest in veneers, you do not want to bear the burden of a replacement.
- If you are involved in contact sports, wear a mouth guard to protect your teeth and veneers.
- Avoid chewing on ice. You could actually make a veneer pop off.
- If you are a night time teeth grinder, invest in a sleeping mouth guard.
Look after your veneers and they’ll sparkle for years
Dental veneers can really make your smile dazzling. Be sure to take care of that smile to enjoy the results for years to come. In most cases, dental veneers will last a decade, but you may be able to make that stretch with proper care. If you would like to learn more about what cosmetic dentistry can do for you, download my free Cosmetic Dentistry e-book.