What do you mean “braces are not awkward”?
When people think of orthodontics, they think of the long process that used to involve braces, head
gear and other pesky devices. Fortunately, there are many orthodontic options today. We are progressing towards effective, fast and less visibly awkward orthodontic options.
If you do need teeth straightening, there are many options and we are sure there is one suited just for you.
Teeth Straightening Options
Invisalign: invisible braces
Invisalign is a computer-designed series of clear plastic trays that fit over your teeth. Their job is to gradually move your teeth from their current misalignment to straight and perfect.
You wear the trays all day to straighten your teeth and remove them only for eating and cleaning. This makes it much easier to eat since food doesn’t get caught in any braces!
Every two weeks, you switch from one tray to the next. In about a year’s time, your teeth have moved into perfect alignment.
- Is more comfortable than metal braces
- Requires no tightening visits
- Is less visible than metal braces
- Is removable, meaning they do not interfere with eating, brushing or flossing
We now have Instant Orthodontics to achieve the same results as traditional orthodontics but in much less time and appliances. This allows you to get the straightened teeth in a matter of weeks!
Instant orthodontics is the artful application of porcelain veneers. In fact, this procedure doesn’t to move your teeth at all. In two or three office visits, you’ll get the straight teeth you’ve always wanted.
Straight teeth: better confidence, better health
Living with crooked teeth not only lowers your self-confidence, it’s also unhealthy. When you are considering straightening your teeth, you have to look beyond the aesthetics.
- Crooked and misaligned teeth can cause sleep apnea
- They can cause back pain and even migraine headaches.
- It becomes difficult to chew your food, leading to improper digestion.
- Gaps between your teeth can make cleaning difficult. This makes it susceptible to bad breath, tartar and plaque buildup. This can lead to gum disease.
- Bacteria that’s built up in your mouth as a result of decay spread to the rest of your body.
- These negative outcomes of not straightening your teeth are important to consider. It’s not just about just your looks; it’s about your health too.
Find out how All Smiles Care can help you
Dr. Gary Imm of All Smiles Care is a dentist in Westminster, MD and Carroll County, MD. Dr. Imm and All Smiles Care will help you improve your health and self-esteem. They will listen to you and work to find a treatment plan that will achieve the results you want.
A visit with Dr. Gary Imm will provide you with all the information you need to decide which option is the best for you. Find out for yourself and join Dr. Imm for a consultation.