Ozone treatment – a quick and non-invasive fix for cavities, sensitive teeth
If you have ever bitten into an ice cream cone or taken a sip of your daily hot coffee and experienced a shocking wave of pain, then you may have the beginnings of a new cavity. It could also simply be, however, that you have teeth that are sensitive to hot or cold food and drinks. Unfortunately, this makes eating some of your favorite meals, beverages or snacks extremely uncomfortable. The good news is that now your dentist can help you to do something about both of these things and more using Ozone therapy. Here is what you need to know about this quick and non-invasive treatment.
What is Ozone therapy?
Ozone therapy is a treatment that uses a powerful oxidizing agent comprised of three oxygen molecules. In fact, Ozone is one of the top three most potent oxidants, and it has many useful purposes, including the ability to:
- disinfect and kill bacteria
- stimulate the immune system
- increase your blood circulation.
What these three benefits mean for you is that you experience a faster healing time and an overall healthier mouth.
How does this help cavities and sensitive teeth?
This minimally invasive dental procedure is an excellent addition in the treatment of cavities because it helps to reduce and even prevent further decay. Sensitive teeth are often the result of an exposed nerve or infected gum, and Ozone therapy is successful in treating both issues.
- Ozone therapy is also invaluable to modern gum disease treatment, because it not only disinfects the area being treated, but it actually eradicates the bacteria in your mouth.
- As a preventative therapy, it is an ideal way to eliminate the bad bacteria in your mouth before you receive any dental care.
- Additionally, this helps to lessen the risk of any infection after a dental procedure while creating a healthy environment that encourages faster healing. Finally, it is an energizing boost in the teeth whitening process used by your dentist to make your teeth whiter in a shorter amount of time.
Where can you learn more?
Contact your Westminster dentist today to learn more about Ozone therapy and how it can help you with your sensitive teeth. Don’t forget to schedule your complimentary consultation with Dr. Gary Imm. He will be happy to answer any questions you may have about this exciting therapy and explain how it can help you.