1 in 4 people are affected by some degree of dental fear. Here at All Smiles Care, we are well-versed in handling cases of mild to severe fear of the dentist. If you had a poor experience in the dental chair in the past, or just simply become overly anxious when faced with the possibility of a dental procedure, sedation dentistry may be for you.
With sedation dentistry, you are able to complete a number of a procedures all in one appointment. This is the perfect option for someone with multiple treatments needed. One day off of work and your entire dental treatment plan could be checked off.
Dr. Imm uses sedation dentistry for two purposes: completing a number of treatments in one visit and for combatting dental fears and anxieties. Sedation dentistry is not general anesthesia. A simple drug is utilized that leaves you conscious, yet with no pain or anxiety. Throughout your appointment, you are monitored by Dr. Imm and his highly trained team.
Step by step, a sedation appointment goes as follows:
- No eating or drinking 12 hours before your appointment with the exception of water
- Arrange a driver to and from your appointment. You may not be behind the wheel.
- Prior to your appointment, you take a small sedative to begin the relaxation.
- The treatment does not begin until you are completely relaxed and anxiety-free. If needed, another sedative can be safely administered.
- Blood pressure and pulse are monitored throughout.
- Please arrange a drive home.
- Plan to miss the remainder of your work day and use common sense regarding the rest of the day’s activities.
- Plan to remember little, if any, of your dental appointment! Many guests report they barely remember sitting in the dental chair.
Take control of your dental anxiety and allow us to help you relax and rebuild the smile you deserve. Call us at 410-876-2096.