One of the greatest aspects of All Smiles Dental Care is our focus on teamwork and the close-knit group of staff that we have. An article by Jackie L. Sanders really summed up many of the ways that we foster an environment of teamwork and shared vision. Below are some of the ways Dr. Imm focuses on teamwork throughout the day at ASDC.
- Morning huddle: Specialized care of our guests is planned at the morning meeting, and gets staff on the same page.
- Shared vision: Dr. Imm establishes a common purpose, which all the team members share. This is simply to “wow” each guest that walks in the door with a positive experience and successful , top-of-the-line treatment.
- Patients come first: The focus of the practice is not on production, but on patient care—however long that takes! All members of the team are united in ensuring thorough patient care.
- Good communication: The team members actively participate in decision making and communicate with each other to care for each and every guest.
- Focus on strengths: While the team acts as a cohesive whole, each member has individual strengths that are utilized within the practice.
- Guest satisfaction: This is the ultimate goal, which is taken into consideration in everything the team does. We begin everything with this end in mind.
- Together when apart: The team works together even when they are separate, and maintains positive energy through writing each other notes of encouragement and keeping things lively and fun. The team also practices ESP—only discussing topics that are encouraging, supportive, and positive. The guest of the day program and special celebrations keep the atmosphere of All Smiles upbeat.
Credits: “A Successful Team Has One Heartbeat”, by Jackie L. Sanders, Sunstar Newsletter