Sensitive teeth, bad breath, yellow teeth, toothache… Have any of these issues? You aren’t alone. These are the most commonly reported dental problems to dentists across the country. Below are some simple remedies or preventative measures to correct these issues.
1. Bad Breath (also known as halitosis) : The tongue is the most common place for bacteria to form, causing bad breath. Brushing or scraping your tongue with a tongue scraper can take care of the issue in most cases. If it doesn’t, talk with your dentist about other causes and remedies. Remember– while it may seem like an embarrassing issue, it is not rare, and you are not the first one to ask the dentist about it! Another less common cause can be post-nasal drip, which can cause your breath to smell. In this case, take measures to dry out your sinuses through saline or antihistamines.
2. Gum disease: signs and symptoms include swollen gums and loose or sensitive teeth. This can be caused by poor dental hygiene, genetics, or smoking in most cases. See your dentist if you think you may have gum disease. If left untreated, it can up your risk of strokes or heart disease.
3. Tooth sensitivity: There can be many causes for this, so it is best to see your dentist with any tooth sensitivity or pain.
4. Discolored teeth: This can simply be from genetics, or from dietary choices. Foods such as wine and coffee can stain teeth over time. Over the counter or in-office remedies can quickly get your pearly whites back. More info. on this is on our website.
5. Toothache: What is a toothache?? It can really be any pain in a tooth caused by gum disease, a cavity, impacted wisdom teeth, etc. Moral of the story: see your dentist and find out what is going on before it causes a major issue.