4 things to consider when choosing a family dentist
Finding a new family dentist is never easy, especially if you are relocating to an unfamiliar area. Being under stress may tempt you to make a hasty decision, but resist that urge. A little research is worthwhile and will help you find a Baltimore dentist to meet the needs of your family. Here are four things to consider during your search that may help to make that task a little easier.
If you need some references to get you started, try asking your local pharmacist, family doctor or new employer who they recommend. Then look for an office that checks these boxes:
- A dental facility that is situated within an easy drive from home and in a safe location with ample free parking
- Hours of operation that work well with your family’s schedule
- A clean, organized and well-maintained office
Every employee in any dentist’s office plays an important role in ensuring you receive excellent dental care. Here are the minimum qualities you should expect from the staff, including:
- Individuals that are professional, helpful, organized and well-trained.
- Qualified dentists with a thorough educational background and American Dental Association membership who place a high priority on maintaining and enhancing their training with the latest dental techniques.
3. Services offered
Ask about the specifics of these services:
- How do they handle emergency calls that occur outside of normal business hours?
- What are your choices for anesthesia?
- What is their policy for canceled or missed appointments?
- Will they help you with dental insurance?
A note on dental financing
When dental insurance doesn’t cover everything, you need a back-up plan, and The Dental Protection Plan at All Smiles Care gives you that in a very customized way. This is not insurance, so there is no deductible, no yearly maximum, no claim forms and no hassle. It is a pre-investment plan that you pay into each month with an amount that you control. When you need the money for dental care not covered by your insurance plan, it is available immediately. Other benefits included with this plan include some additional savings many of the dental treatments offered in our office.
If you would like to learn more about All Smiles Care or our Dental Protection Plan, please come in for a free introductory consultation